Community & Sustainability Support
The Wild Rose Supports The Community And Environment
Being a small, NZ owned and operated business we are grateful for the community support we receive every day, which allows us to open our doors to brighten our community with the beauty of flowers. To play it forward, we give back to the community wherever possible.
As a small business our resources are limited and our aspirations are big, so the greatest contribution we can have is by growing our business. This allows us to contribute to the economy by employing more staff, paying taxes and increasing the number of NZ companies we support along the way.
As well as this, we give back through a number of key initiatives:
The Wild Rose Supports Local Growers
We source our beautiful flowers and foliage from local growers wherever possible. Our owner Melanie grows and picks a lot of the foliage featured in our hand-crafted bouquets, and we also have generous members of the community that donate, which we’re very grateful for!
The Wild Rose Sustainability Efforts:
We’re revolutionising NZ's Flower Industry with our Flower Gift Boxes. Ensuring that these boxes are environmentally friendly was a top priority during design and we’re proud to have delivered a stunning, recyclable product.
Transparency: our cellophane is currently not biodegradable and we’re working on finding a more environmentally friendly option. If you are an NZ supplier of biodegradable cellophane please get in touch!
Our delivery partners are actively engaged in being sustainable:
- Courier Post's use of BioD in its fleet is unique and its domestic and international sending is Carbon neutral.
Our same day courier Kiwi Express is Carbon Zero Certified.
The Wild Rose Supports NZ Charities:
Charities work tirelessly to make our community a better place. We honour their impact by supporting:
- Life Education Trust Counties Manukau: we’re a proud member of the Harold Club helping Life Education empower children to make healthy choices to live full and healthy lives.
- Women’s Refuge x Feel Good With Flowers: working with Feel Good With Flowers, hand-crafted bouquets were gifted on Mother’s Day to mother’s sheltering at Women’s Refuge.
- The South Auckland Food Bank: by donating our goods that are no longer saleable.
- Mental Health Foundation NZ: with every sale of a Craft Your Own Flower Box $5 is donated to the Mental Health Foundation to support their ambition to make NZ a society where all people enjoy positive mental health & wellbeing.
- Breast Cancer Cure: working with Breast Cancer Cure to raise awareness and funds for their vital breast cancer research, we worked with Hello&Cookie to create a bespoke 'You're Amazing' cookie with $1 fro every sale being donated to BCC.
Melanie Kennerley who is an owner of The Wild Rose is heavily involved in supporting a large number of charities. In particular she works with Totara and Franklin Hospice, being the Hospital Buddy co-ordinator that assists Kids First and Starship, OKE, and Middlemore Foundation.
We’re always looking for more ways to contribute to initiatives that are a great fit for our business. If you have a request for support or an idea that you think fits with our goals email firstname.lastname@example.org